A lot from a little

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A lot

Events of the weekend:

Friday: Naomi, Rose and Myke came into Atl on Friday night around 10ish. I was super excited to see all of them although I'm not sure if it showed. I tend to suck at hellos and goodbyes (or so I've been told...).

Saturday: We all went to Einsteins for bagels. It was so good to catch up and talk politics, Canada, and life. After that, Rose, Naomi and myself went to get pedicures/manicures. After listening to crazy ladies talking about how no one speaks english in manicure stores, we left and went to Publix for lunch (though we really ended up eating lunch at a sub place).
Then we came back home to help my mom setup for the party.
Speaking of the party, it was a success. Everyone had fun and enjoyed the food (go mom!). We ended up having a total of 83 people attend.
Following the party, the kids decided to go to Virginia Highlands. We went to a local bar and chatted it up until 1am.

Sunday: Woke up later and hung out with everyone at home (i.e. Rose, Naomi and Myke). Went to Lennox Mall and checked out Apple Store. Met up with Ryan and went to Georgia Aquarium. So much fun! We got to touch sharks and sting rays. I was so impressed. Afterwards, we headed to Phipps to eat at "The Grape." Myke and Rose enjoyed tasting different wines, while Naomi and I enjoyed a yummy hummus dish.

Monday: Myke left in the morning, but not before we went out to breakfast. I was sad. I'll be seeing Myke in a month though.
My friends and I played games and then headed out to find shoes for Rose.
After that, we went to a cute veggie restaurant where we enjoyed a kickass dinner.

Tuesday: I slept in way too late. We all played board games until my dad came home and announced we were going to the Carter Center. Naomi was in heaven (it was cute).
I was a bit sad cause I knew our time was almost up.
My dad and I dropped Naomi and Rose off at the airport.

I completed my thank you cards and am now ready for bed (it's 8pm though).

And that's it...

4 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We couldn't be there in person, but we sure were with you in thoughts. Thrilled that the evening was perfect.
    We've just come home from the Philip Hart house from a Purim evening. Jada was a little cat with a tail----Summer was a singer with microphone at the side of her face;Ciera was a 70's person. Aunt Ruth was a harlequin. Lots of fun. Good company and good food.
    Miss you very much. Love from Nana and Pap.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I WAS IN JIMMY CARTER HEAVEN!

    hooray for you and myke, and thank you for being an excellent host.

    let's consider this the practice run for when we start coming to visit you in the o.c.!

    love,
    naomi

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    You completed the thank-you cards already? (Grammar note: while I normally would not condone the hyphenation of thank you as a phrase, because thank you qualifies cards, and thus becomes an adjective. The context here allows a hyphen between the two words. Just in case you were wondering). Anyway, that's incredible you completed them so quickly.

    It was a fun weekend, fo' sho'.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was a great weekend! Thanks so much for having us! I had a really great time and please tell you parents once again thanks for their incredible hospitality.

    Rosalie
    PS I finally took the nail polish off!
    PS to Myke - I appreciate your grammar notes. Very worthwhile for everyone to know these things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home