A lot from a little

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Janis Hat

My dad believes that the plural of Janis is Janis. So this means that the sentence below is correct:
I wore Janis hat.
Oh, how my dad makes me laugh sometimes. He will probably stick to this way of thinking forever. He's very stubborn like that.

The weather today has been beautiful. I should've spent more time outside. Why can't work be cancelled for nice days too?

Since I've been in this play, my dad and I have been in the newspaper. I'll have to make copies for everyone to see. They are funny pics!

I've had multiple California interviews and nothing has really caught my attention. This means, I'll keep on looking until I find something I'm really into. No need for settling.

I picked up my veil today. It kinda matches my dress. I don't know if it'll look good together since I purchased them separately. I guess we'll have to see in Hawaii.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your father is correct. The spelling is wrong. The plural of a name ending with an "s" is as follows: JANIS' HAT.
    We have glorious sunshine today. We also have high winds, snow, icy roads, cancellation of some rural school buses-----and your grandmother is not driving to the office today.
    Love to Myke.
    Nana

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    My dad is actually incorrect. He neve said it was Janis'. He actually argued that it was just Janis.

    I'm glad you aren't going into the office. No way are you driving on icy roads.

    I am working from home today. Fun!

     
  • At 6:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As your local grammarian, I'm glad you have so many people in your life who are interested in grammar and making proper possessives out of plurals. Go team punctuation!

    I'm such a geek. How am I ever going to relate to those high school students?!

    Rosalie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home