A lot from a little

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tempted by the fruit...

I had a talk with my manager yesterday regarding my trip to California in April. He's being nice enough to let me go for a long weekend so that I can organize my life there. He's such a nice guy. Anyways, he kind of threw me a curve ball in our meeting. He told me he'd like to give me a counter offer so I'd stay at the company. Of course, I was completely lured by the opportunity/offer, but of course I can't take it. I made a promise to Myke and I must stay by it. It was super flattering to know that the company wanted me that badly.
I just hope I find an amazing company to work for in California. My big fear is that I'll get there and no one will employ me. I know that's really unlikely, but you never know. California is one of the most competitive state.

I've been a crazy cleaner for the past couple of days. We are trying to get ready for the engagement party (It's in two weekends) and my parents can't organize without my help (I'm that good...smile). Of course, I'm also cleaning non-stop cause I want my mom and dad (both of them) to help me pick up my new car in North Carolina. Yes, I said it! I'll probably be buying a really nice '95 Toyota Avalon this Saturday. It's in my budget and it's really nice. The old driver barely drove it and there is only 79,000 miles on it. That's pretty good for a '95. Also, the daugther of the driver (sadly, the driver died recently) put in new parts, including new tires, a new engine thingy (I forget what the part is called) and a 12 disc cd player (pretty sweet). I'm super excited that Myke will have a car in California.

And these are the days of Dara's life...

3 Comments:

  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger LTA said…

    I think "thingy" is the correct term, actually. Congratulations on the new car.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    "Thingy" is southern speak for timing belt. Go new car!

     
  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thanks! I'm pretty excited that Myke will have a car in California.

    And I talk real good! (also southern) :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home