A lot from a little

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Brokeback Mountain

Can I start off by saying, I don't understand why Brokeback Mountain is getting so much hype. I was so not impressed! I found the dialogue completely boring (and I also couldn't understand half of what they were saying). Can someone explain to me the message of the movie? (I think it went above my head).
I really hope that movie doesn't win any Oscars.

I saw the cookie lady today and she's going to design 25 personalized cookies for our wedding for $53 bucks. This is a great deal.
Also, my mom and I bought centerpieces for my reception. They are so cute.

I'm very pleased right now!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Like I said: I don't think a movie necessarily has to have a message. In fact, it's often bad to have a message- it can be preachy. But an interesting premise is always good. This one doesn't seem to be breathtaking. Juxtaposing two unlike things like Cowboys and homosexuality isn't that avante-gard. It just sort of- is. But if I were to judge the movie, I would make sure to see it first. As it stands, I'm just judging the premise. And the judgement is: yawn.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home