A lot from a little

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love Day--Bah!


I guess you could call me the Grinch of Valentine’s Day. I hate that America needs a day to appreciate their spouses/significant others. They should be doing that everyday. It also bothers me that a diamond ring or roses can make a girl content. Come on, ladies! We are smarter than this. We shouldn’t want things, but rather one-on-one time with the ones we love.
Please note: I make sure the people that I love know I love them all the time. J

Today’s activities include: lunch with a Partner, zoning out and a lamb dinner (thanks, dad).

3 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This morning there was a huge coloured picture of roses on the front page of the Globe and Mail--Canada's so-called national newspaper. The cost is $8.00 per individual stem, and a price of $79.95 for 1 dozen. Most of our roses come from Ecuador, and they have had a terrible growing season. In any event, your grandfather asked me if I would like some roses, and I said they would be completely wasted on me----I would be unable to smell them.
    In the 55 years of our marriage, we have never exchanged Valentine gifts or cards. It doesn't mean anything. I much prefer when your Papa comes home and hands me a little bag of mixed nuts, salt-free, without peanuts, tells me they are for me, and promptly proceeds to eat them up.
    Now----that's love!
    NANA

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Dara,

    See: now I know where you get it. And that story about Papa John made me smile. If they can make it through 55 years of marriage without Valentine gifts, I suppose we can make it through one. But a missed opportunity to tell my woman I love her, when the whole world is doing the same- that's sad. In any case, I love you a million bags of salf-free nuts worth, babe. And that's the truth.

     
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Might I add, Myke that you spelled "salt" incorrectly. :)

    I miss you both!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home