A lot from a little

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Lazy is as lazy does

I had a nice, long conversation with Derek tonight. We discussed our dissatisfaction with lazy people. I have no empathy/sympathy for people that do nothing. Get off your ASS and make something of yourself. Sadly, I wouldn't be extremely surprised if Aaron (my brother) ends up working at Camp Coleman at the age of 30.

For some reason it seems the laziest people are some of the smartest people out there.

I had another job interview today for a small executive search firm in Irvine, CA. It seems like a role I could get into, but they use a base plus commission model. I've never done anything like that before. I'm a bit worried.
Of course, there is also the dilemma of moving to California in March. Oh, what to do. I figure I shouldn't get all worked up until I've been offered a job, huh?

Why is everyone making a big deal about Dick Cheney. How does this possibly affect any of our lives?

I'm officially tired.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:54 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    In order:

    I think many people are supremely talented (ie Zok), but are terrified at having that talent tested (for fear of it being proved false), thus they never try really hard. Basically, it's a fear of failure, but it's brought on by the very thing that would help him/her succeed: talent. Then, there are just lazy people, like my brother Scott.

    Second: move to California, and move here now. That's not a demand; that's just my avid advice to you. Plus, consider commission an incentive to do well (which you SO will!)

    As for Cheney: it would be a pretty big deal if this guy dies and Cheney is investigated in further detail. It's not every day that someone so high up in the ranks kills a man. The worst thing that Dan Quayle ever did was to misspell potato.

    Frankly, this underlines the stupidity of guns. Even harmless hunting accidents can turn savage. Guns are just not a good idea, statistically and logically. And that's my two-cents. I love ya babe!

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thank you for your opinions.

    I'll have to tell you more about my interviews when I talk to you.
    When will I get to speak with you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home