A lot from a little

Saturday, January 21, 2006

"That's with two n's"

I love creative spellings of somewhat mundane names. For example, my friend Jenn spells her name with two n's instead of one and Myke spells his name with a 'y' instead of an 'i'. These unique spellings bring more character to these people (or so I believe). Maybe my name should've been spelt 'Darragh' (kidding). Actually, when I was first born, my parents were thinking about naming me 'Fraddel'. I'm so glad they went with Dara!

This evening I had a nice conversation with Jenn and Myke (both separate from one another). Jenn is so sweet and a great listener (see, I am mentioning you on my blog!). And Myke, of course, makes me feel wonderful and loved.
It is hard communicating to all my friends and family only through phone and email. There's so much to say about meeting in person. I do miss that!

I think my dog is far-sighted. He's been walking into walls lately. Poor Madison.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    You just don't look like a Fradel. Oh and speaking of weird spellings, is "farsided" the new "far-sighted"? (I'm such a jerk- I just can't help myself).

    It was a great conversation today though. I miss my Dayray.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    You are so mean. But it's true...I am a dumbass with spelling.

    I miss you too.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger LTA said…

    Your blog profile says you're engaged to a sexy, bald Canadian musician. Is Myke aware of your feelings for Paul Schaefer of "Late Night with David Letterman" fame?

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Shhh...don't mention anything to Myke!

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dhara
    Dharra
    Dhairragh
    Dairrah
    Hdarrah

    That's all I can come up with. I like "Dhairragh" the best. Kidding! Why "Fraddel"? Any particular meaning? Or relation to someone you know?

    Rosalie

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Fraddle was my great grandmother's name (or so I believe). It's my yiddish name though. One of my dad's brothers was pissed that my parents didn't name me Fraddle (like really pissed). I'm so thankful my name is Dara (though I could give up my middle name any day).

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fraddel is a bitchin' name!! ... ...

    What's a creative spelling for Zok?

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Would it be pronounced "frah-dle" or "fray-dle"?

    Oh, and on an unrelated note, do you drink/like wine?

    -R.

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    do i drink wine? No! But Myke loves it. Why? Weird question.

    It's pronounced "Fraud-le"
    Nice, huh?

    d

     

Post a Comment

<< Home