A lot from a little

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Filing Time

My last employer told me that I could use this special employment verification form when taxes came along, but of course, they were wrong.
This morning has been spent making calls to Vancouver and Toronto. Of course, no one is ever at their desk to help people in need. Anyways, hopefully I can get this worked out before taxes are due (they are due April 30th, right?).

I'm stressing over my driving test. I've decided to take it this Saturday and I just don't know if I'm ready to do parallel parking. I need to practice a bit more.

It's almost April and yet it's cold. The weather here has been crazy. I'm glad it was warm when my friends came to visit.

And I sit and wait...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April 30 is filing time for Canadian taxes--however, since that date falls on a Sunday, taxes are due on May 1/06. US taxes are due Apr 15.
    The weather is unusal all over the continent. We have had (enjoyed) cold, windy days. Today the newscasters are excited because for the first time in about a week, we're scheduled for 5 degrees---we'll be above zero---hooray!
    I couldn't download the party pics, so I e-mailed Myke, and asked him to send them directly to us.
    We had dinner at the David Hart house on Monday to celebrate Summer's 8th birthday. Did I tell you I bought her a gold Magen David on a chain. She was so excited---she wants to sleep with it, bathe with it---but she takes it off on the days she has gym.
    Love----Nana

     
  • At 6:12 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    The April 30 date is only a deadline if you owe (or think you owe) money. But after last year, I think Canada owes you money!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is very important that you file for Canadian taxes, even if your income is below tax level. You may be eligible for other refunds, and it's better for your record. Remember, you never know what the future brings, or where you may live in times to come.
    I would imagine, though, that with your total earnings for all the months you worked in Canada, you certainly qualify for payment of taxes.
    I hope you have all your medical bills, etc.
    Love
    NANA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home