A lot from a little

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Trouble With Love

Sometimes a person has to jump through 200 hoops in order to have happiness. And sometimes a person gets handed great things on a platter. In my life, I've had obstacles and happy times and I'm a stronger person for going through both. I truly believe that we have bad things happen in our lives to make us realize the good things. That said, I wish I had better luck these days.

Anyways, I'm getting a cold. My nose is stuffed up and my head hurts. I took medicine. I hate having a cold. I hate being cold too. Oddly enough when I lived in TO, I was cold most of the time but never got colds (ok, maybe a few...). Georgia weather sucks in the winter time. One day it's warm the next it's freezing. No wonder I have a cold. No wonder everyone is sick right now. Damn Mother Nature (kidding).

UPDATE: Rose and Naomi just booked their tickets. They are coming from March 10-14th. How exciting! Yeah!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay we're coming! This is very exciting. Other than Florida, I haven't been to any 'southern' states in the US. I think the furthest south I got was like South Dakota.

    Oh and my dad is wondering what major manufacturer is in Marietta. ??

    Rosalie

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    Yeah Rose and Naomi!

    Now Dara, you know I believe when life is hard, it makes you a better person. It always sucks to say so during the hardship, but there is always someone out there who has it harder than us.

    For example, Larry has a friend who has a staff infection. What that means is that there's a 5% chance he'll live. And why, you ask? Well, he was golfing last week, and reached in a pond to grab a golf ball, his hand had an open sore, and now at the very least they're going to cut his hands off. At the very most- well....

    Anyway, that's not meant to be preachy. No one has been complaining more than me. It's just to say that sometimes the hard road, in the long run, is the better road. But you're right: it would be nice to at least have an easy road once in a while.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    we are so much awesomeness in your foreign country!

    naomi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home