A lot from a little

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Redneck New Year!

At the last minute, my friend Josh decided he wanted to go to Athens instead of Helen. Although I was a bit disappointed, I went with him and his two tour-mates. We went to two house parties, a couple of bars and a hotel. I must say that I met the most interesting characters along the way. For example, one guy was campaigning for Athens Mayor and his campaign slogan was "I'm not afraid to get into a scrap." Another group of guys were shooting blanks into a pool in front of the hotel.
Obviously there isn't much to do in Athens if you aren't in University. When we went to the bars it was packed with Frat boys and annoying GA girls. I was hit on numerous times (which was flattering) but eventually it got annoying. I started flashing my engagement ring, but I think these people were too drunk to notice. Josh protected me from the weirdos though.

All in all, it was a redneck New Year.

Next New Years will be better since I'll be with Myke!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dara - I just noticed you have mine and Becky's livejournal URLs mixed up!
    Rosalie

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    I know. I don't know how to fix it. I'm sorry. I barely ever check Becky's anyways, cause she never updates her livejournal. I always check yours though.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    I think I fixed it, but you ladies check it out and make sure I got the right ones.

    -Myke

     
  • At 7:25 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thank you so much, Mykie. I checked it out and it works.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home