A lot from a little

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happy Chanukah!


Here's a "shout out" to all my Jewish friends and relatives out there: Happy Chanukah or Hannukah (as most North Americans say/spell).
And which spelling is the correct one? Well, I'd like to go with Chanukah since it incorporates the "ch" sound. You need a special throat sound to truly say this word properly. It takes years and years of practice. Only a select few (or few thousand...) can actually do it the right way. I am one of those few. Lucky me!
So for all you Jews out there; spin your dreidel, eat your latkes and light your menorahs...

1 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    I thought the other way was spelled "hanukkah". Well, in any case, I hope you have a very lovely Chanukah with your family and a happy New Year. You are missed and loved.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home