A lot from a little

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dry people and good food

A couple of nights ago was my company dinner and outing. The dinner was fabulous: crab cakes, swordfish, salads, turtle cheesecake, etc... So fabulous that we (meaning my mom and I) brought a lot of it home to eat the next day (oh how I love leftovers). After dinner we all headed to a theatre where we watched "Peachtree Battle." The play was about a southern wealthy family, with a younger son getting married to a black woman. I found it quite funny, but the majority found it offensive (and when I say majority I mean most of my office). I think they were offended by the swearing and anti-Christ like dialogue. I spoke with a couple of them after the fact and they mentioned that they were also offended by "The Producers" and "Rent." This was the point when I realized how very different I was from most of my office folks. "Rent" is by far my fave musical and I'd see it everyday of my life if I could.
Anyways, my secret santa (the CEO's wife) gave me a $100 gift certificate to a spa. That really made my day.

Todays activities include (or could include): Driving in abandoned parking lot to gain driving experience, getting together with Dan (?), sleeping (done and done), and watching a movie (?).

Thanks to Sara for making me feel good about my life choices.
And here's to Myke for putting up with my constant mood swings.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Love you babe. And Borat; love him too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home