A lot from a little

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Anti, Dis, Con or Un?


I always have a hard time figuring out if words start out with anti, dis or con. For example, unorganized always seemed correct to be but after many conversations with friends and co-workers, the correct word is disorganized. If all these prefices mean the same thing why can't I just use an "un" or "con" whenever I feel like it? It's not like people won't know what I'm referring to...right? Right!

I'm heading to the doctor this afternoon for some tests...yuck! It's ok, cause I'll have Myke by my side :)

Oh, Happy Birthday, Ang!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    This is my bad. Dara and I were talking about this and I always use disorganized, but disorganize is a verb, whereas unorganized is an adjective and both are in the dictionary. This proves her point, though: prefixes (or prefices, as I said) are confusing.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    It's his fault!! Not mine.

    I knew unorganized was right...but I must confess that I put "un" in front of everything. So there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home