A lot from a little

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Restructuring

My company decided to restructured/reorganize their HR and in that I got "sold" away to Customer Care. As some of you may know, Customer Care is not my passion nor do I enjoy training this material. When I heard this news I was more than a little bit upset. I didn't see this coming at all! I've been doing so well with my team and thought that they'd surely bring me into the new HR structure. I guess it just comes down to numbers :( Of course, I'm still left upset and lost. I need a new plan of action and I need it fast! I can't continue to feel sorry for myself!

In other news: Myke and I rented "For your Consideration" and "The Prestige." I was not a big fan of either actually. I don't think I'd recommend either movie to anyone.

*I'm jealous of my mom right now. She's in TO living it up with family. Lucky!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    First off, I would recommend "The Prestige." I thought it was a good film.

    As for your job situation, it was a tough blow, indeed. But one thing that doesn't change is your aptitude. You excell at whatever job you've ever done, and that won't stop anytime soon (it might stop when you get really old and grumpy. But until then....)

    I love you, and we'll get through this week's newest obstacle.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We're so glad we spoke to you yesterday. At Sick Kid's Hospital, the doctor who examined Ciera couldn't really find any problem, and as she is booked for an ultrasound on Tuesday, he said to go ahead with that first.
    We cancelled our plans for a family lunch yesterday---Uncle Philip picked your Mom up at the Airport and took her to his house. So----we're having breakfast at Uncle David's this morning, and Papa and I are picking up Nana Merle. I had bought bagels from Gryfe's, and some Hamentashen (I ate one after yesterday's cancellation, and they are delicious). I just heard on the morning news that areas downtown are still cordoned off, as ice is melting from the CN Tower, and other buildings, and falling off in huge chunks, as big as cars.
    Don't worry about anything, because you're going to get gray anyhow, and if you're allergic like your Nana Lill, you'll have to go au naturel.
    I used to tell my own children----whatever life throws your way, push your shoulders back, pick your head up high, and go on to the next thing. It's only hindsight that lets you know that opportunity knocked.
    Uncle Laurence was a graduate teacher, who couldn't find a regular job as a teacher. He spent months as a substitute teacher, teaching every single day, until he decided to give that up because he was denied benefits. He took a course in computer programming, was asked to teach at that school before he even graduated, then went on from there.
    We moved from Windsor when Papa was past 50. Some people said we were making the mistake of our lives. We knew what we were doing for the betterment of ourselves, and our children.
    Love and K
    Nana and Papa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home