A lot from a little

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sick mama!

I haven't been feeling that great at all. My ears and throat have been hurting and I'm super tired. I assume that I'm getting sick cause I've been "go, go, go" since November. It's also horrible timing since I have to work this Sunday and next Saturday. Oh well. There is nothing I can do at this point. Let's just hope that my voice doesn't leave me :)

Myke and I have been playing around with the idea of moving to another apartment in May. For some reason this apartment complex thinks it's ok to bump up the rent by 125%. If I'm going to pay that kind of money for a place, I might as well have a washer/dryer in the unit. That said, we are going to look around and see if we can find something reasonable and nice. We are limited to where we rent because we only have one car, but hopefully that won't hinder us too much.

*I like saying "hopefully." It's a fun word!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:30 PM, Blogger LTA said…

    You should totally move. There's way better places, I think. Although it probably will cost a bit more. Oh, and try to find a complex with some parking. I hate when my kids have to dodge cars cross that major highway (just kidding).

    I hope you feel better, Dara. Ciao.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    125%?! are there renter's rights in california? 4% is the max rental increase in ontario! i know that not everyone follows the rules, but 125% is bananas!

    and i hope you feel better soon!

    naomi

     
  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was 150%, and Arnel (the apartment place) is fighting a class-action lawsuit because of this, and other similar, shady business practices (like consistently holding back the security deposits of minorities). *Flips the bird to Arnel*

    Well, it served us well enough, but I won't cry if we have to find a new place, although our bank account might.

    -Myke
    PS- Update your blogger!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home