A lot from a little

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Quick goodbyes

First off, I have to say that I suck at saying goodbye. I can't grasp the idea that I'll be moving to a different country come next Saturday. In my silly little mind, I think, "gee, I'll just see my family/friends whenever so what's the problem?".

So...here's a recap of my day of "goodbyes":

Brunch: Met up with Rose, Noah, Naomi, Matt and Qunyen at this place called Fressen downtown. Everyone was contemplating what to get, while Myke and I stared at the menus in confusion, wonder what the hell most of the dishes were made out of. We did end up finding dishes to our likings and they turned out really yummy (go vegans!). Highlights of brunch--singing songs with Naomi, comparing myself and others to famous/and not so famous people (i.e. Bette Midler, girl behind us, etc...), discussing Jeremy's sexuality, tv shows, and other fun, but stupid shit.
After saying goodbye to everyone, Myke and I walked away into the sunset (except minus the sunset). It was nice!

Dinner: Grandparents picked Myke and myself up (along with my other nana). We had a very ethnic and interesting dinner made by Chef Uncle Lawrence. I'm not a big fan of curry, but I must say that this meal was tres (= very) enjoyable. I fed my little cousin Jada, while my other two cousins, Summer and Ciera, raced around the room. These are the moments I realize how lucky I am. Though I don't get along amazingly with all my family members, I find that I have a special place for them in my heart. They've seen me grow up and I've seen them grow (mostly outwardly, but...). I am going to miss all my Hart/Golden family members, however my grandparents are the people I will miss the most (besides Myke). My grandparents are the most wonderful, generous, caring people out there. I truly respect and enjoy the time spent with them. I'm a sap!
______________________________________________________________________________

And so my goodbyes have begun...

4 Comments:

  • At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if you watched the Family Guy last night, but they made a David Hyde Pierce (Pearce?) reference that made me laugh :)

    I'll get you, Middler! (that's a Simpsons reference, not that you watch it... Myke will get it).

    Matt

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    I didn't get to watch it (sucks). And I DO watch the Simpsons...I know the Bette Midler reference...so there!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We never leave our loved ones behind. They're in our hearts and our memories. They just don't get older.
    No more winter boots. No more lined gloves. No more toques. No more heavy coats. No more sleet. No more freezing rain. And those are just the highlights of North of 49.
    But don't expect us to drive all the way down to take you to a doctor's appointment.
    We'll think of you every time we have roast lamb; pasta with meat sauce, and all the other goodies you have enjoyed with us.
    Love from Nana and Papa

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Congrats for posting Nana!
    I'm defin. going to miss the hanging out time (oh and the amazing food). Love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home