A lot from a little

Monday, January 01, 2007

"Happy Feet" but not so happy movie goers

Myke and I just got back from seeing "Happy Feet" and although it was a cute movie the movie goers that shared the theatre with us were oh so annoying! I don't think people realize that everyone pays a lot of money (movies are around $10 here and about $15 in Canada) to go to a movie and that silence is GOLDEN (seriously though!!). When the previews start that is the cue to be quiet. Am I alone on this one?
Anyways, I did enjoy the movie (especially the music!).

New Years was fun as well. We spent a couple of hours at Miss Hilary's place and then we headed home to celebrate New Years (Side Note: Myke and I have only really spent 3 New Years together out of a total 7 years of being together...pretty sad).

Myke and I also went to The Melting Pot with Cherie and Larry on Friday. It was yummy as always and the conversation was great.

I train tomorrow. Gotta wake up early!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    No, you're not alone on this one. Annoying people at the movie are so called because... well, they're annoying. That's why I told them to keep it down. Bastards! Happy New Year babe.

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I took Summer and Ciera to see "Happy Feet" a few Saturdays ago, and we all enjoyed it so much. I think a theatre filled with children, parents and grandparents is much more fun than being with people who spoil it by talking, speaking on cell phones, etc. And there's nothing more magical than watching the little ones react to what they're seeing on the screen.
    I love my outings with the two of them, the most recent having been taking them to see "Aladdin" down at the Elgin Theatre. Of course that's live theatre with an orchestra, etc.
    Yesterday, Papa had a follow check-up with our family doctor. Previously he had been losing weight, and underwent a series of blood work, chest X-Ray, etc. His blood sugar levels were up, but not to an alarming degree. So, an extra 1/2 diabetes pill was added. It seems to be doing the trick, as he has put on a few pounds, is feeling better, and I am really cracking down on making sure he is eating properly.
    Speaking of which, when we came home (it was a morning appointment), we walked over to a delightful Thai restaurant on our side of Yonge Street, across from the Sheppard Centre. The food was fabulous, and I said to Papa-----oh, Dara will love this whenever you're visiting.
    We received your card------thank you, and we love you.
    Nana and Papa

     
  • At 2:43 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    I'm glad you got the card. I was wondering when it would get to you.
    I can't wait to come back and visit TO! I also can't wait to eat at my fave restaurants. Oh how I love The Keg, Milestones, that Japenese restaurant near your house, Licks, Harveys, etc...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home