A lot from a little

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Streppy the clown

My first day at work went well. They took a bunch of us to lunch and paid for it which I thought was nice. Everyone seems really smart, fun and friendly and the girl training me is really sweet. I hope this experience is a positive one.

Something not so positive: Strep throat. That's right ladies and gents, after being here for a little time I have managed to get strep throat. I'm in such pain that the doctor gave me pain killers so I could swollow. I'm on antibiotics so hopefully I'll get better fast. I'd have to miss work at the beginning (actually, I think I got sick when I started working for Hewitt...).

My wedding dress shopping has been put on hold until I feel better to go out.
Damn!

Oh and last night we (meaning my family) went out to dinner with my uncle david and phil. I didn't think it was possible to stay in a department store for over 3 hours, but they did it! They should seriously get an award. :)

Oh and I miss Myke!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spoke to your Mom yesterday, and got a progress report on your sick self. This could never have happened if you were up here in our getting colder weather, and first light brush of snow last Thursday, which played havoc on the roads.
    And congrats on having a part in an upcoming production.
    Your uncles love to shop. And for Uncle David, no worries about rushing home to help tend the little ones. When Uncle Philip was younger, and sharing an apartment with a boyfriend, I used to accuse him of shopping for new clothes instead of doing laundry.
    Heard that Myke called you from Chicago. We're happy he made it across the border without incident. Love.

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Dayray,

    I'm surprised you haven't figured this out yet: being sick is a hobby of yours. What a better way to innaugurate your new home than by getting sick in it?

    Just kidding of course, I hope you're feeling better soon my love. California says hi.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    It's not my fault I get sick all the time! Gosh...don't be so mean :( Kidding.

    I miss you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home