A lot from a little

Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's been one week...

I completed my first week of work and am feeling a wide array of emotions. I'm thankful for this job, however I'm questioning whether or not it's the RIGHT position for me. It seems to be much more junior than I am use to. Also, my co-workers don't seem to be interested in training me or getting to know me. In fact, they seem more irritated by my arrival. I'm trying to remain positive as this is only week one. I really hope this job gets more challenging and the people start opening up. Here's to hoping and wishing...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Mazel tov on the job!!!!

     
  • At 7:48 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thanks, Lauren. I hope Israel is treating you well!

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any new employee represents a threat to the existing staff. And people generally guard their little fiefdoms. The saying is that Rome wasn't built in a day. When I started working at Grolier Ltd., I was an experienced professional collector. I had to learn a whole new language, because this company was structured differently. You have no one to turn to but yourself------by observing, by letting your normal friendly character shine through, you will get by the initial coolness that always surrounds the new person on the job. You represent a threat-----the others don't know why someone else was hired. So follow my philosophy------I'm just as dumb as everybody else and if the can learn it, so can I.
    Love from NANA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home