A lot from a little

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Erotic Pigeons


Last night I was playing a lovely game of Apples to Apples with Rose, Naomi and Adam when I yelled out "Pigeons are erotic."  What I meant to say was "Pigeons are erratic."  Oops!
It was a fun night (minus the acid reflux part).  Thanks for a great and interesting meal, Naomi!
Next up: game night at Rose's place next week!

I can't believe I've sent out over 297 resumes! That's insane.  Hopefully, someone will contact me in the near future.  I need to get out of the house!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Blogger naomi said…

    what you meant to say was 'adventures in babysitting is a fine piece of art and my, those pigeons are erotic'. don't worry, i'll never tell.

     
  • At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have pigeon retardents on my balcony----they are environmentally friendly----plastic boards with plastic spikes to deter the messy birds.
    When I returned from a week in Wasaga Beach, I was surprised to see pigeons of all sizes on my balcony railing------and evidences that the birds had enjoyed themselves leaving you know what on my chairs, and the balcony floor. As I started cleaning up, I happened to look under the table where one of my pot of mixed flowers is situated, and lo! and Behold! There was a nest, with two eggs lying on top. Most birds build a round nest of twigs-----this was just very long straight twigs. I'm glad there were no representatives of the SPCA around, as I put on my non-latex gloves (I have allergic skin--I wonder where Dara inherited it from), took a broom, dustpan, and plastic bags, and cleaned it all up. Dara's Uncle David (my youngest child) has a delicious sense of humour----he asked me if I enjoyed my omelet. Now I have used Elmer's Glue (the only kind I had available) and fastened a couple of the plastic deterrents on top of the railings. VOILA!!! I have solved the problem. I have to admit to feelings of guilt as the birds flocked around and in their language cried out for the unhatched ones.
    My true nature story from NANA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home