A lot from a little

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

You want a story? Here's a story!

I have never been one to sit down and let life happen.  I like to be proactive and plan.  Of course, when things don't go to plan, I'm left feeling lost.  I usually grow from these experiences however when they hit they hit me hard.  I start re-evaluating life and second guessing everything.  Right now I'm second guessing my move.  I'm glad I moved to TO as I love it here, but I hate that I left a well paying job for no job.  I am completely lost without work!  I've never been good at school or hobbies, but I've always been kick-ass in my line of work.  I enjoy being challenged in the work place and learning new programs, policies, etc...  I am career focused and a 6 month lull isn't helping!  I don't want to sound too negative as I am lucky in some respects (i.e. family, some good friends, etc...).  I just wish I had something to look forward to and be happy about!  Without a job I can't save for my Europe trip, go get my hair done, go out to dinners with friends/family and do other random and fun things.  

In other news...I hate this recession!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    You have plenty to look forward to! You do have trips and a job waiting on the horizon- you just don't know when. But these will come. Not maybe- definitely. And it helps that you are kick-ass at your job and have a queue of people waiting to vouch for you. Chin up, love. It will be okay.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't ever be discouraged! You pick up your head, throw back your shoulders, and work at the next thing. And if it's not HR at the moment, then take something else for now, and work up.
    You've got so much going for your-----a great husband, a loving cat (meow!meow!), a nice home, family that love you, little cousins (Summer, Ciera and Jada) that literally look up to you (but at the rate that Summer is growing, you will be looking up to her)----so keep your head on straight. And how do you know that your company in CA hasn't been laying off employees? No one is immune from this recession.
    Love and lots of kisses from Nana.

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thanks, Nana. I'm trying to keep my head up :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home