A lot from a little

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sirens? Is there a tornado? Is it World War III?


This afternoon we had the pleasure of listening to high pitched sirens. Apparently someone accidentally pulled the fire alarm (I'm really assuming this is what happened as I didn't see or smell a fire). Of course, this horrible noise scared Schmaty. Myke had to pick her up and push her into her cage. It was a very traumatic moment for all of us :)
Thankfully, it was just a moment. Now we are back in our apartment and Schmaty hasn't a care in the world. I'd also like to mention that this week has been a hard one for Schmaty. She had her bum shaved and received her yearly shots. What a trooper!

In other news, I'm getting excited for my upcoming GA trip. I can't believe it's been over a year since my last visit. It'll be good to see family and friends (of course, let's face it, I go for Madison).

Shout out: Myke--Thanks for putting up pictures today. They look great!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In our 28 storey building, when the alarms went off, we would rush to put clothes on, listen for instructions through our speaker system, and be ready to evacuate. The sounds of the sirens were interminable and noisy. And three huge fire trucks were immediately on their way, sirens screaming. Mostly, the alarms have been false. However, the alarms can only by stopped by a supervisor of the Fire Department. One time, an actual fire occured when a woman resident lit candles all around the ledges of her bathtub, in order to have an aromatherapy bath, and set her shower curtain alight. Another time, a fellow resident turned her automatic cleaning control for her oven to the ON position, forgetting to check inside the oven------where she had some pans with food in them. When our sirens go off, the concierge is supposed to get on the intercom and advise us as to what's happening. The last false alarm, about two weeks ago, was not followed up correctly. And we no longer rush to get dressed. We lie in bed, waiting for the announcements. The biggest inconvenience is being awakened, and then, not having any information.
    By the way, Papa's spirits are very good. And Dara----you get your sensitive skin from him, as well as me. Papa developed a terrible rash on his body from the hospital linen. They have had to provide him with hypo-allergenic linen, towels, hospital gowns, etc. Plus prescribe a hydrocortisone ointment, and even administer Benedryl. Aunt Galia had given me some linen from when your little cousins were in smaller size beds. However, we did not have to use them.
    Love you.
    Nana Lill

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I want to meet your Nana!
    Yesterday morning I wake up in a daze and realize that there is fire a block and half away from my house. At least 2 or 3 firetrucks were there and MANY neighborhood gawkers. I don't know if someone lived in the house or not, but it looks pretty bad from what I've seen. Oh, and to answer your last question from a post: my Jewish new year is a GREAT now that the holidays are over with. Its quiet and calm at work again. Awww....

     
  • At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Wow, Nana!! I'm glad you guys are only on the 3rd floor.
    I hope Papa's surgery goes well tomorrow. I'll try to give you a call following.

    Lauren--I hope no one was hurt in the fire. I'm glad things have calmed down for you at work. My work is going to start getting super busy (it start in October). Boo :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home