A lot from a little

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Look at my hand!

For some reason I can't get my hands to do the proper "aloha" hand sign. Because of this I have been made fun of by numerous people (thanks a lot, Gianfranco).
Regardless, I really like this picture.

Our wedding photographer wasn't the best, but he gave us all the negatives and pictures on cd.
I'll be posting more once my computer picks up speed (damn computer).

I'm still on the hunt for a job. I think I need something a bit slower paced to start with. I am not familiar with this area and need a little more time adjusting. It's hard to pick up and move every couple of months. It's also hard to live in a place that requires driving (and lots of it). Oh, how I miss subways.
Actually, I miss Toronto a lot these days.
California isn't so sunny after all. The weather is not as dry as one would expect. It's also overcast until 12 or 1pm almost everyday. All in all, I'm not the happiest camper now (though I'm more than excited to be living with Myke again). I honestly just want to be in a place where I know my surroundings and have people to share things with. That's not too much to ask for, right? Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

  • At 12:57 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    I love your aloha sign, babe. And I know it's hard right now, but we have each other, and that's not something to sneeze at. I am very glad you're here with me, that's for sure. I love you very much.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think of yourself as a new pioneer in the family history. My father came to Canada--no knowledge of English---no family---but he had a profession---he was a photographer, in the days when photography was more than the papparazzi hassling celebrities, and models being photographed on runways or pages of fashion magazines.
    He persevered---sent for his girlfriend, married her, raised a family, gave us wonderful ideals, educated us----and never complained about the hardships he underwent.
    So you went West, young lady----at least it was not by wagon train, cooking over campfires, etc. And now you and your bridegroom will build your future together-----and if in the course of time, you may leave that area for other places, so be it. Always with head held high, and shoulders back (or I'll put a brace on your back, as I used to threaten your mother).
    Love from Nana and Papa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home