A lot from a little

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"I feel the earth move under my feet..."

Today I experienced my first earthquake! It was quick, but scary. I really didn't know it was an earthquake until 7 seconds in. As fate would have it, my whole team was away and I was all by myself. I scrambled to find someone on the other side of the floor who had some insight on what was going on. By the time I got to a "safe" place it was over. I immediately rushed to the phone. Of course, everyone else had the same idea and because of this the phone lines were down for a good 15-20 minutes. Twenty minutes later, I got through to Myke and my parents. Myke explained he had been driving and didn't feel a thing (he's very disappointed about this for some reason).

When we got home we noticed some pictures and books had fallen. Our cat is on high alert as the earthquake scared the shit out of her!

I really hope this is the biggest earthquake I'll be present for. It scares me that the earth is moving so frequently. Let's just hope that California doesn't sink during the next earthquake!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Glad you are a-okay. Hope the cat recovers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home