A lot from a little

Sunday, July 27, 2008

"The economy's drunk"

When Myke first mentioned that The Flight of the Conchords were playing at the Largo, I immediately got excited. We put our names in and then two seconds later the show was sold out. Thankfully, we got tickets in time. Initially I thought this was an all Flight concert, but was later told that they were only one of the acts (Jon Brion ended up being the opener). A comedian by the name of Greg Proops was the main act He was incredibly witty and smart. I loved his stand up routine! After his act was through, he turned the stage over to Flight. Brett and Jemaine were oh so charming. I thought it was interesting that Jemaine pretty much stayed in character, but Brett was laughing and smiling the whole time (see picture as reference). As far as songs go, they started with a song I never heard about ex-girlfriends. Jemaine messed up half way in, but later finished the song at the end of the set (side note: Myke and I aren't sure if this was intentional or not). The only song I recognized was "the humans are dead", but that didn't take away from the night. At the end of the show, Jon Brion, Brett and Jemaine sang a little song together. It was funny to see their reaction to Jon Brion. It's very clear that he is a talented guy. All in all, I very much enjoyed the show last night. I only wish that they extended it until the wee hours of the morning (Oh and I also wish they would've let us take pictures). One more thing...Jemaine is a lot skinnier than on the show. I guess the camera does add 20 lbs!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger naomi said…

    oh geeeeeeez, this sounds like fun! glad they didn't disappoint!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    They were marvelous, darling! I only wish you were there to see it!

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Sounds like so much fun! They are so HYSTERICAL!!!!

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    It was a blast. I can't wait until their next season begins!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home