A lot from a little

Sunday, June 08, 2008

No wasabi, please!



































Last night, I celebrated my 27th birthday at Katana in LA.  Even though my actual birthday isn't until Tuesday, I felt like the birthday girl.  My friend from work hooked me up with a reservation at Katana (a posh sushi restaurant in LA).  The general manager came out to give us free shots at the beginning (oh and he also covered the deserts)!  Talk about getting the royal treatment.  We really had a great time.  The food was amazing (Myke even tried some fish dishes!).  We also had a celeb citing.  The Girls Next Door (i.e. Hugh Hefner's girlfriends) made an appearance.  I tried to get a picture, but Kendra blew me off.  What a rude person.  Oh well.  It's not like any of them have brains...I mean, they are having sex with a 70-something man and they are in their early 20's.  Pretty nasty :(  
Oh and they dress like hookers.
Anyways, thanks to everyone for making last night such a special night. 














7 Comments:

  • At 6:47 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Holly's the best one anyway!

    Oh, and you didn't mention that I tried out several different types of fish/seafood.

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Cherbear said…

    Myke, you traitor you! JK

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Cherbear said…

    Dara I hope your birthday lasts all week and is a wonderful one!

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Thanks, Cherie!!

    Myke actually liked shrimp. Wow!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Happy Birthday, Dara! I need to make up for lost ground and take you out for some sushi. Have a great day!

    Larry

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Mexican Hairless,

    Hugh is in his 80's, close to Papa's age.

    Love

    Uncle David

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Our family hosted a birthday party for me, also, on Saturday evening, June 7. Mine was at The Pickle Barrel, Yorkdale, and it was really great. Family-----friends----it couldn't have been better.
    The next day, your mother and father, Aunt Galia with Summer, Ciera and Jada, Aunt Ruth, and Talia, and Uncle Philip and Adam, made it to L'Chaim Retirement Home, where we had a sort of anniversary get together for Papa and me. I brought along party sandwiches, a Greek salad from a Greek restaurant, Rugalahs, Acryclic boxes of cookies, and L'Chaim supplied us with pitchers of water and apple juice. We had the use of the huge room downstairs in the lower level, which is used for exercise and meeting rooms. There was lots of room for the little ones to play with the equipment----hula hoops, big plastic balls, etc. And Papa was with us, seated in his wheelchair. He was very happy to be with his family.
    I told everybody that Ciera and I are twins------she was 8 on June 3 and I was 8 on June 4 (just add one zero to that).
    And today, June 11, is Uncle Philip's birthday. June is truly busting out all over!
    I was going to tell you Hugh Hefner's age, but I see that Uncle David beat me to it.
    Love to Myke. NANA

     

Post a Comment

<< Home