A lot from a little

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Shoes is...

My new shoes don't fit and so I had to go to the mall on my break and buy new shoes (which, oddly enough, look just like my old ballet slippers).

Myke sent me an email about David Cross and it was actually really interesting. Here's a quote from David Cross (who happens to be from Roswell, GA):

"I'm an atheist, I don't believe in God, so therefore I would think that I can't be Jewish, basically because ... Judaism is predicated on a belief in God. So if I don't believe in God I can't be Jewish right? But... no... you can't. Judaism is the only religion that does this, it came up with this bullshit, arbitrary rule, that if your mother's Jewish, then you're Jewish. So it doesn't matter what I believe in, just Jew for life."


Very interesting, huh?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Myke said…

    So... race, or race/religion, hmmmm?

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    It's a culture and a religion. It's probably the only religion that has those two things (although I guess one could argue that there is a Muslim culture, but...). So there!

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is teh same for muslim but the lineage is passed by the father. I have a Jewish Muslim friend...talk about messed up kid!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home