A lot from a little

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

SVU vs. SUV

SUV:
  1. Most full-size SUVs have far greater towing capacities than conventional cars
  2. Women constitute more than half of SUV drivers, and SUVs are the most popular vehicle choice of women in the United States
  3. The higher profile allows for better visability and anticipation of danger
  4. SUVs are also used to explore off-road places otherwise unreachable by other vehicles

SVU:
  1. Created by Emmy Award-winning producer Dick Wolf
  2. Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay (need I say more?)
  3. The program has received numerous citations from community-based organizations for the social issues it tackles, and the cast members are frequently recognized for the work they do off-screen to promote personal health and safety and other volunteer efforts and initiatives.
  4. Best Tagline EVER:
    In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories.
SVU WINS THIS BATTLE!!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    I dunno, I think I just ran over Mariska in an Excursion.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been a fan of the Law & Order series from the very beginning. I used to rave about the series long before most of the people in my orbit latched on. The L&O programs continue their reign through cast changes, etc., and in reruns, shown frequently, have aged well, and still give the same warmth as reading a favourite book.
    Love-==Nana

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    I agree, Nana. I remember watching Law & Order with Papa. Oh, memories...

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Myke said…

    Will someone please think of Matlock! Don't leave poor Matlock in the dark!

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger LTA said…

    Matlock! My grandma loves that show. I know the blonde lady that played Matlock's sidekick. I don't remember her name in the show, but her real name is Nancy Stafford. She's a very nice lady who is married to a friend of mine named Larry Myers, who is a great violin and madolin player. He used to play in Kevin Prosch's band, Mike. I think Larry now pastors a church in West L.A. somewhere (I haven't seen him in a few years).

    Totally trivial, I know. But, I was feelin' your Matlock reference.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    Matlock is the man!! Maybe my next post should be Matlock vs. Jessica Fletcher.
    We'll see...

     
  • At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How about James Garner at his bestest (?) in The Rockford Files? Your Uncle David absolutely hated "Murder She Wrote". But your cousin Eric loved to snuggle down in our bed, next to Papa, on Sunday evenings, to watch Angela Lansbury perform her magic.
    Love, Nana

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Dayray said…

    For some reason, I never got into The Rockford Files. I much prefer Murder She Wrote and Matlock!
    I think it's funny that Uncle David dislikes Murder She Wrote. Any reasons why?

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    as if the suvs even had a chance against CHRIS MELONI!


    naomi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home