A lot from a little

Friday, February 08, 2008

Bette Davis Eyes

It's always exciting when you find out good news. For example, Myke and I filed our tax return and it looks like we are getting back a nice chunk of change. If that wasn't good enough, we just found out that we almost have enough Thank You points (you earn these on your Master Card) for two free flights to anywhere in the US or Canada. How sweet is that?

I had a rough couple of days at work. Things picked up at the very end though. I'm happy to have today off though. I need it!

It's off to cleaning I go...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Dara,

    I am super happy for you that the week has brightened up...the pictures from the last blog present a warm feeling.
    ALL THE LOVE TO YOU BOTH.
    Oh and that flight...I know a great place...lol MO

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gorgeous Granddaughter:
    I'm happy to hear that your spirits have lifted. Being you-----you can't stay down for very long. The other day, a friend's son and daughter-in-law returned from a week's stay in Mexico. My friend asked why they didn't bring back some warm weather. My answer would have been, as they braved our extreme cold, high winds, and record snowfalls------we saved this for you to let you know what you've been missing.
    Today is the 13th day of February, and we have already recorded over 70 cms. of snow for the month. Your cousin Rachel almost missed her flight from LA to Fiji, due to delays in getting in from Toronto. She was almost ready to phone you to sleep over until the next available flight; however a flight attendant was a little late, and she insisted that they allow Rachel and another young woman on. So she's now on her Fiji cruise, for about 4 days, and then flies on to Auckland, New Zealand for her school term.
    The roads here are too snowy, slippery, and lots of black ice under the snow, so I'm staying put, and I can't visit Papa until maybe tomorrow-----if the weatherman gives his OK.
    Love to Myke. And don't worry. Papa always used to say to me-----Let me do the worrying. I already have the gray hair.
    Love to you and Myke.
    Nana

     

Post a Comment

<< Home